QSS, primarily known in the field of industrial catering, prides on a rapid growth in market share and bold diversification from 2004 to date.
The highlight of QSS' milestones came to rise in 2021 and 2022, when we bagged the award for the FIFA Public Food & Beverage Concessionaire Program for FIFA Arab Cup Qatar 2021 ™ and FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. This made us even more competitive, having been awarded a globally-known mass sporting event.
FIFA Arab Cup Qatar 2021™
We hired a diverse workforce of 1700 from India, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, and Brazil. In addition, we utilized our own pool of qualified F&B staff in order to serve 1.8M spectators in six (6) stadia and run 180 concessions.
FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™
We hired a diverse workforce of 6000 from India, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Lebanon, Brazil, UK, and South Africa. In addition, we utilized our own pool of qualified F&B staff in order to serve 3M spectators in eight (8) stadia and run 461 concessions (inner & outer perimeter).
We also executed the cash sales operations for the Turkish Supercup, Lusail Supercup, Bollywood Music Festival, and Qatar Fashion United (by CR Runway).
STAR SERVICES International launched the Catering operations in Qatar with the banner QATAR STAR SERVICES.
- FIRST Kitchen Production Unit: 107-sqm premise with a production capacity of 7,000 meals per day.
- First Catering & Office Pantry Management Contracts: Qatar University, PWA
2009 - 2011
Qatar Star Services successfully positioned itself as one of the leading industrial catering companies in Qatar. We opened a bigger Central Production Unit in order to accommodate the increasing number of projects.
- Catering, Laundry, & Housekeeping Contracts: MOI Abu Samra, Terna, Powerline and the Doha Asian Cup Games, Asian Football Cup, WCMC, Dolphin Energy, Movenpick Hotel, Georgetown University, QNCC/Qatar Gas, and Qatar Foundation
- Launch of Grand Central Kitchen 2: 1500-sqm. Kitchen Production Unit producing 50,000 meals per day.
- Launch of Pest Control Service under the Support Service Operations
Qatar Star Services was awarded the very first catering and life support services project under the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC).
- First Catering Project under the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy: HBK Stadium
- Catering, Laundry, Housekeeping, & Cafeteria Cash-sales Service Contracts: Doha Institute, Domasco, Public Works Authority, Amiri Guard, Al Shafallah Center for Persons with Disability
2020 - 2021
Despite the rise of the global pandemic (Covid-19), we fully invested in an upgrade of service, infrastructure, tools and equipment, and fleet.
- Hard & Soft Services Contracts: Al Jazeera Media Network, Ministry of Interior, Al Bayader, Fraser Suites, Bin Al Sheikh Holding Co., Al Mukhtar Contracting & Trading Co., Al Fardan, Treatment Company, Hamad Port, Lumatron (Torch Tower) La Cigale, Manai Trading Co. WLL.
- Catering, Laundry, & Housekeeping Contracts: BOTC, Baladna, Petroserv, Waseef Mukaynis Quarantine Motel where we delivered meals in quarantine facility
2005 - 2008
From the first 2 contracts in 2004, Qatar Star Services was awarded one catering project to another, owing to the good feedback from our clients. This gave us the confidence to participate in a government tender and we bagged our very first government contract – the Ministry of Defense.
- Catering, Laundry, & Housekeeping Contracts: Doha Asian Games, Ministry of Defense, JGC, Keppel, Al Jaber Energy, ORYX GTL, Intercontinental Hotel, Dolphin Energy
- First Demolition Contract: Qatar Gas
2012 - 2017
Qatar Star Services ventured into the Cafeteria Service Operations in educational and health care institutions, and started investing more on life support services.
- Catering, Laundry, & Housekeeping Contracts: Ministry of Interior Jail and Officer, Banana Island by Anantara, TRAGS, Boom Construction, J&P Construction, Mowasalat, and MOI Cleaning
- First Cafeteria Cash-sales Service Contract: Qatar Foundation, College of the North Atlantic, Hamad Hospital
Our success was unstoppable that it became inevitable for Qatar Star Services to open the third and biggest Central Production Unit.
- Launch of the Grand Central Kitchen 3: 5,000 sqm. in size that can produce 150,000 meals a day, with sections dedicated to Asian, Arabic, Filipino, Western, Sandwiches and Salads, and Pastry plus laundry operations capable of laundry, dry cleaning, ironing, and folding 10,000 clothes per day